Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Here we go again...

And the hits just keep on coming…

What does he mean by that... you might be asking? Well it seems that 2006 is picking up where 2005 left off. I know I know… it’s too early in the year to be saying things like that, but early reports don’t look so hot. Neither does the front of the Sequoia right now. See it’s missing it’s bumper… got peeled off like a banana peel off a banana when I hit “broad sided” another car. Just clipped the rear driver’s side and that was enough to send that car into a spin.

SIGH…

No one was hurt thank goodness… but the kids were late for school. See, that’s kinda what got me into this mess in the first place. They (Emmah and Nick) have a tendency to drag their feet in the morning, so getting out of the house on time is a challenge. Most daze I end up “pushing the envelope” to get them to school on time. I know what you’re all thinking… let them be late once in a while. They have been, doesn’t seem to phase them one bit. Anyway, I was distracted. I was talking to them, ranting even… going on about how they need to get their butts in gear and step it up and so on… nothing that hasn’t been said to them by me before. So I looked right and saw nothing, then left and saw a car coming from the left… quick look to the right again (still didn’t see a car) and back to the left and decided that I had time to make it through if I bust a move. Seems there was a car coming from the right that was cleverly disguised as open road and it was THAT car that must’ve been dropped from the heavens to fall from the sky right in front of me.

BAM!

So the beat goes on…

No comments: